At the darkest point of the year, we will gather together and take time to enjoy the beautiful environment and digest and let go of the year we've lived through in dance, ritual theatre and art-work.
Returning to the still point at the centre of our own turning wheel, we will follow the energy of the season and let go, let be, and see what needs to be seen in the darkness. We will invite the silent wisdom we hold in our cells to speak to us of Winter dreams. We will plant the seeds of our dreams in the fertile ground of the dance and let the dancer translate these dreams into movement, art and ritual.
Sharing our stories by the fire-side and through the discipline of focused Movement Medicine practice, we will sweat our prayers for ourselves, our relations and the wider web to which we belong. Return with us to the ground of being, the stillness of the season and the beauty of the land. This workshop is an invitation to return to the roots of yourself and at Winter Solstice, nourish the dark spark of what feeds you, what inspires you and what keeps you connected.
"For us, this is a special time, a time to look back, let go and give thanks for the year that has been. A time to focus on what is important to us, sharpen our intent, and make space for the dreams of a new cycle. We have found this process both moving and effective as we dance ourselves into the fresh landscape of a new year. We look forward to dancing with you." Susannah & Ya'Acov
|Beginning:||Saturday, 16 December 2017, 7:00 pm
|End:||Wednesday, 20 December 2017, 1:30 pm
with lunch, departure afterwards
|Board & Lodging:||
Accommodation in shared rooms.
Attending this seminar includes board & lodging at Waldhaus Center.
|Language:||English with german translation|
With Solstice Party! Information (in German) here.
We will pass your data on to the organizer of the seminar. They will contact you and provide you with all the needed information. Please notice, that the terms and conditions of the organizer apply.
= Mandatory fields
It's easy to get to Lützelflüh in Emmental with public transportatiion as well as by car.
Come to Burgdorf, which is on the main rail lines Basel–Bern or Zürich–Bern. The IC (Intercity) trains do not stop at Burgdorf, often you may need to change to an IR (Inter-regional) train in Olten or Bern. From Burgdorf, take a Regional Train direction Langnau (S4) or Sumiswald-Grünen (S44) (Notice: don't take the train direction Wiler which often leaves from the same rail track!) and exit the train at Lützelflüh-Goldbach. If you take the Regional Train from Bern, be aware that sometimes just a section of the train goes to Langnau or Sumiswald-Grünen. It may be necessary to change at Burgdorf when travelling from Bern! We are a 40-minute walk from Lützelflüh-Goldbach station. Let us know your arrival time in advance if possible (034 461 07 05), if you want to be picked up. The costs are CHF 5.– for each person and way. Please wait in front of the station on the side where the Kiosk is located.
Take the highway Zürich–Bern and exit at Kirchberg (about 18 km before Bern). Then follow the signs in the direction Burgdorf–Langnau. On the way towards Langnau, after the Seat garage, turn to the left onto Lützelflüh-Goldbach, following the sign Waldhaus. Travel past the church at the top of the hill (right of the church, you'll find again a white Waldhaus sign). Travel out of the village about half a kilometre and on the left turn at the Waldhaus sign. Bear to the right at the large Linden tree. Just after curving around past a few farm houses, take the first street left (here is also a Waldhaus Zentrum sign). You will see our tower directly in front of you. Please be sure to follow the parking-area instructions.
- PLEASE BRING WITH YOU: own towels and possibly a sauna towel, a bathrobe and house shoes. We recommend to bring enough comfortable clothes for body exercises with you as well as a warm sweater. Additional things to bring with you are mentioned on your specific seminar confirmation.
- WIFI: We offer a permanent Wifi hotspot in front of the entrance to the boutique/office as well as around the entrance of the main house. Additionally you can login to the internet in the boutique via Ethernet cable or Wifi during the opening times of the boutique.
- THE FEES can be paid by cash in Swiss Francs (no Euros) either in cash, by EC-/Maestro card or Swiss postcard at the beginning of the seminar in our office. Guests from abroad can also pay by Visa or Mastercard, however we ask our participants from Switzerland to prefer the other modes of payment because of high transaction fees.
- A large sun terrace, a beautiful garden area, a ping pong table and a sauna are available.
- Woolen blankets, mattresses and cushions are available in the group room.
- Waldhaus Zentrum is a non-smoking house. There is a smoking temple for smokers in the garden.
- Our kitchen offers a rich variety of vegetarian gourmet food with mainly biological products. Most of the greens are supplied by producers nearby. Only if announced in advance, we offer a simple vegane lactose and gluten free alternative. On occasion we offer a corresponding dessert variation. Further individual dietary needs can only be considered by agreement and, depending on the effort required, for an additional charge.
- Energized water, tea and fruits are available free of charge all day long. In our self service bar you will find a variety of snacks as well as non-alcoholic/alcoholic beverages. Please do not bring along your own beverages.
- In the Waldhaus Boutique you can buy natural cosmetics, postcards, shawls, clothes, tooth brushes as well as frankincense, books, meditation accessories and presents. The opening times will be announced on the entrance door of the boutique. Visit our online shop on www.waldhaus.ch.
- We offer our guests friendly dormitory-style rooms (4 to 6 beds). The number of single and double rooms is extremely limited. If we are unable to provide your desired single or double accommodation, we will be happy to find a private or hotel room nearby (car needed). For the Making Love Retreats please check the list of rooms.